It is nearly beach time and I am so excited!
Safe sun is good for the soul and I love sandy toes and salty sea hair!
Beaching with a toddler can be very challenging and quite exhausting which is the exact opposite of what it should be.
To help get organised this summer I have made a list of useful beach tips with the help of our MooMoo UV sunwear range.
It does not guarantee a tantrum free day but hopefully some fun memories can be made!
I try to pack the night before so that we can get going early….
- Car snacks for the trip to the beach.
- Fun music – my boys love Beautiful Creatures of the Sea music CD and we all know all the words.
- A MooMoo Kids UV 50+ poppersuit or sunsuit for superb protected fun in the sun. Longsleeves ensure maximum coverage for precious skin.
- Extra boardshorts and a UV lonngsleeved top in case of any accidents, or for when your toddler just doesn’t want to be wet and sandy anymore!
- An adjustable widebrimmed cotton sunhat or a UV suncap with flaps. Wearing a hat should be non negotiable on the beach. I know easier said than done but well worth the effort to create a healthy habit always.
- A MooMoo Kids beachgown to dry off and keep warm after a swim. Also so useful for the trip home.
- Oh Lief 30 SPF sunscreen – I love this natural organic sunscreen and the idea of not using harmful chemicals on our kids.
- Nappies, wet wipes and plastic nappy bags.
- A changing mat if you don’t want to use your towel.
- Baby powder to get sand off little hands and keep out of eyes.
- Beach snacks – fresh fruit and chopped up veg, tiny sandwiches, dried fruit and raisins.
- An umbrella (also useful to take a mallet if Dad is at work!).
- A bucket and spade and a fishing net is fun.
- Lots of water and a small juice.
- Don’t forget a towel and hat for yourself (Moms are always thinking of their kids and forget to pack anything for themselves).
- A wet facecloth in a ziplock bag.
- Hand sanitizer.
- Plasters and Savlon cream (mine are those who always need them).
- A sandwich for the drive home.
- Window shades – hopefully they will fall fast asleep in the car after an action packed morning.